Get multi-language panic message after every reboot

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by floydtheduck, Dec 7, 2010.

1. floydtheduck macrumors newbie

As the title says, every time I reboot I get the multi-language kernel panic message (You need to restart your computer. Please hold down the power button for....).

I've managed to get into the GUI by using different combinations of keys. I can't remember what they are (it's been different every time), but I believe one time it was holding 'x'. This time, I held Command+V to run what looked like a diagnostic POST (I actually did this to see where in the bootup it hanged, but instead it booted to GUI).

Any idea what this could be? I don't think anyone has added any third-party RAM (this was not my machine originally, I took over a position for another person), is there a way I can check if any RAM has been added?

I'm running 10.5.8 with 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 and a 2x2.66 Dual Core Intel Xeon.

Here's the Problem Report for Mac OS X Kernel:

Any help is appreciated!
    *Note* I also have trouble with Safari sometimes when opening up a second tab it crashes. I cleared my preferences (.plists, etc.) and it still happened, but it didn't happen upon this reboot. I don't know if that may have something to do with it.

Software on machine is Adobe CS3 and MS Office 2k8

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Try uninstalling Parallels; see if that fixes your issue.

3. nasabaer macrumors member

Or test booting from the installation DVD.
    Maybe a defective RAM ?

4. floydtheduck thread starter macrumors newbie

That seems to have fixed the problem with rebooting. What gave away that it was a problem with Parallels, and what was the problem?

Now, I have the problem with Safari, except now rather than not able to open a 2nd tab, it crashes upon loading period. Here's the problem report for Safari:

5. floydtheduck thread starter macrumors newbie

Just had another kernel panic while my Mac was idle with just Firefox open. Here's the problem report: