Get music from mac to enV Touch?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blondechic578, Jul 14, 2009.

1. blondechic578 macrumors newbie

blondechic578

I have a microSD in my phone and It comes with a usb plug but when I plug the phone into the computer it desnt even recognize it. If i go to music > sync it says connecting but never connects. But then if I go to usb mass storage it shows up on the computer but the files I drag into the folder never show up on the phone. Oh and I also out the bluetooth on the whole time. Am I doing something wrong?

Is there any way to put music from my mac to my phone just through the usb connection or do I have to get a scan disk reader to do that? thanks.

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I've managed to do it using bluetooth connection, but no experience with the USB connection.

3. weekendsrule32 macrumors member

I as well have had success with using a bluetooth connection to transfer music. Use the send file option in the bluetooth menu of the mac. Select the file, than choose your device, and send it.

4. themike macrumors newbie

try xnjb

XNJB is a program that worked with my phone. You had to actively click connect on the program while the music sync software on the phone was trying to connect to get them to talk to each other.

My phone is a verizon phone made by LG

5. blondechic578 thread starter macrumors newbie

blondechic578

It worked...

I found that using the method of turning both bluetooths on and then clicking find device then send file from the computer worked really well. Then I just dragged my music files onto the folder. Thank you everyone who answered.:)

6. sayheykid macrumors newbie

No Bluetooth

I unfortunately do not have bluetooth on my macbook. How can I get my music on my NEW Env Touch? Do I need to get a SD card reader? Thanks!

7. weekendsrule32 macrumors member

sayheykid,
    you have two options as far as i know. First, buy a bluetooth usb dongle. They run cheap, like 20-30 dollars. Or you could get a microsd card for the env that comes with the sd card converter (so you can use a standard sd card reader. Or, i just thought of one more, use a usb cable. Not sure what kind of connectors are on env touch, but they usually make a usb for the phone.