Get music OFF iPhone - PLEASE HELP!!

madbad01

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Hello,

My HD failed on my MacBook and all my music was lost except it's still on my iPhone. Most of the music is ripped off CD's so I can't use the "Transfer Purchases" option in iTunes. I tried the Jailbreak and iPodInterface things and they won't work either!

I really need to get my music OFF my iPhone! Is there any other way?!?! Please help ASAP!

Thanks!

Kennedy.

sicasaire

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
BAKERSFIELD, CA
try "podutil" see if it recognizes your iphone as an ipod.. thats what i use to get music off ipods... maybe itll work...i am not sure if it can be downloaded for free anymore though

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Take your iPhone and your MacBook to the Apple store and have them do it. Surely they have full access (drag and drop) with the filesystem on their device.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Wow, another guy from Bakersfield. :D Hello there.

sicasaire

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
BAKERSFIELD, CA
Take your iPhone and your MacBook to the Apple store and have them do it. Surely they have full access (drag and drop) with the filesystem on their device.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Wow, another guy from Bakersfield. :D Hello there.
I am assuming your from bakersfield too..and equally in love with apple products

madbad01

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I just tried Senuti and podutil, neither worked :(

I'll call my local Apple Store and see what they say tomorrow! I'll post after and let you guys know what they said!

Thanks for your help! :)

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
If you could also ask how to get pictures off the iPhone that arn't located in the camera roll that would be GREAT!! My Hard Drive crashed also, I had a partial back up but pictures from my recent trip to Costa Rica weren't backed up and the only back up I have is the downsized pictures on my iPhone and I don't want to e-mail 700 photos to myself.

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
A better method is MacFUSE then iphonedrive, it allows you to have disk access for the iPhone so you can just drag and drop off the iPhone.