Get my original dock back!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by neomartian, Dec 12, 2007.

1. neomartian macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

During a hunt for some Mac OS X tweaks, I found a website that hosted some nice applications that gave a nice twist to my existing Mac OS X Tiger. The website is http://www.opensourcemac.org and here I found an application that makes your dock like the one in Leopard.

I did find my dock transformed into Leopard's dock but I want my original Tiger dock back as this dock has some drawbacks. When watching a movie, the dock disappears but the menu bar remains translucently visible which is quite annoying. The present dock is not nice as the one in Leopard as it does not stretches evenly and there is a slight jerk in the movement. Old is gold, as the saying goes, I want my original Tiger dock back....

Anyone there with brilliant solutions?

2. neomartian thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem fixed - here's the solution

Thanx for reading the post. What i did is interesting (at least for rookies). I opened the System Preferences window. There in System section i clicked on 'Accounts'. In accounts section there are four tabs, I clicked the 'Login Items' tab. Here the applications that run on system start-up are listed. I disabled the 'Liger' application that transformed my dock to mimic the Leopard dock. Now I've got my original dock restored and back to its glory again.

Long live Mac OS!!!