Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
If someone was to have access to my Apple TV
Would there be any way to get my Netflix password off it?
Just like how you can look up passwords stored on a Mac within the keychain (with Mac admin password)

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Additionally, would they be able to get my password from within the iPad app?

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Additionally, would they be able to get my password from within the iPad app?
(Wondering how someone gained acces)

No, there's no way to retrieve the password from either the Apple TV or the iPad. Most likely you have a weak password someone guessed, or you're using the password elsewhere and it was compromised somehow.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
No, there's no way to retrieve the password from either the Apple TV or the iPad. Most likely you have a weak password someone guessed, or you're using the password elsewhere and it was compromised somehow.

You could retrieve the Netflix password off of an iPad/iPhone if it is stored in Safari--saved passwords are revealed in Settings for Safari. But if you use a password lock, you need that to access that area of settings.

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Most likely you have a weak password someone guessed, or you're using the password elsewhere and it was compromised somehow.

I know what happen.
The account wasnt logged out correctly, it hung on the "Are you sure you want to logout?" Screen even after "Yes" was clicked.
Thanks for your answer by the way.

I don't thing it's possible, but maybe I'm missing something - is there anyway to removed history from within the Netflix app, Apple TV or iPad?
Thanks again

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
You could retrieve the Netflix password off of an iPad/iPhone if it is stored in Safari--saved passwords are revealed in Settings for Safari. But if you use a password lock, you need that to access that area of settings.

But the password would only be stored if use it in Safari.
When you say "Safari-saved password ls" and "password lock" you mean keychiain, right?
An by "that area of settings" you mean the admin area of keychiain?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I know what happen.
The account wasnt logged out correctly, it hung on the "Are you sure you want to logout?" Screen even after "Yes" was clicked.
Thanks for your answer by the way.

I don't thing it's possible, but maybe I'm missing something - is there anyway to removed history from within the Netflix app, Apple TV or iPad?
Thanks again
If you are in a multi-person household, make sure that you are the only one with the password to the device or app(s) in question.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Or create multiple users in Netflix, so it can track viewing history separately for each person.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
But the password would only be stored if use it in Safari.
When you say "Safari-saved password ls" and "password lock" you mean keychiain, right?
An by "that area of settings" you mean the admin area of keychiain?

Yes--you would have to logon to the Netflix web site via Safari using your iPhone or iPad--and the password would be saved if you have that feature turned on.

No--not the keychain--unless you have the iCloud keychain turned on. The password save feature is available in the IOS "Settings", "Safari", "Passwords and AutoFill"--"Names and Passwords" on. "Saved Passwords"--here is where you would need to input your IOS lock code to access this area--and reveal any saved passwords.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.