Get new iPad, sell Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hakr100, Mar 14, 2012.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I've got a two year old iMac and a 15" Macbook Pro that dates back to early 2008. Both are in fine operating and cosmetic condition.

I rarely use the MBP. I take it on business trips to have a computer handy, and while away, I use it to catch up on email, web surf and sometimes edit copy I've written for a client. The MBP, with its charger, adds considerably to the weight I carry in my airline carry-on bag.

So, I'm thinking of selling the MBP and replacing it with the new iPad and perhaps the ZAGG folio case that includes what seems to be a decent keyboard.

Nearly 100% of the places I visit while away have WiFi.

The lack of ports on the iPad concerns me, but maybe because I'm used to computers with lots of ports, most of which I don't use. Also, I've always preferred using a mouse to using gestures, though I suppose I could adjust.

So, I'm wondering...should I keep the laptop and get the iPad...or sell the laptop?

I'm leaning towards real indecision here. :)

2. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Obviously no one can decide for you but, why not hang onto the laptop and purchase an iPad and see how using just the iPad works out for you first? You can always decide to sell the MBP later. Anyway, best of luck whatever you decide to do.

4. superstarmc macrumors regular

5. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just sold my MacBook pro so I could buy the new iPad and I don't even have another computer (iPhone and ps3). The iPad will be my laptop. It's only for a few months until MacBook pro refresh, but still.

It will work for me because I won't be using it for business hardly at all, use it for media consumption, mild productivity, and mild content creation. I think it's going to be just fine as well.