Get new iPhone this fall or a MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AmazingTechGeek, Jul 16, 2016.

1. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

I'm trying to decide ahead of time if I want to get the new iPhone this fall or buy a MacBook Air.

I currently have an iPhone 6 16gb, and a i7 laptop with 1Tb and GTX 950m graphics. Also have an iPad Air 2 64gb.

I'm not sure about getting a MacBook because I'm not sure if its utility would warrant the financial investment since I already have a good laptop.

On the other hand, I'd just be upgrading my iPhone, but the jump will give me all the features and improvements of the 6s, plus more.

Any advice guys? Thanks in advance.

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

First world problems. Asking random people on the internet what you should buy.

Why not buy what you need?

3. Apple Fan123 macrumors newbie

Apple Fan123

If you have a broken PC or mac, get the MacBook Air, if you have a broken phone, get the iPhone 6

4. chscag macrumors 68000

I think you answered your own question with those two statements. :rolleyes:

5. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Doesn't sound like you really need either, so why not just save your money?

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

...because of the commonly known caustic qualities of currency that eat through the fabric of a pant pocket. :p

7. AmazingTechGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

I haven't bought something nice for myself a couple of years, since getting myself an iPhone 6 and just wanted some opinions. Different people have an easier or harder time deciding between things over others.

P.S: I already budget what I need and happen to have some extra money in the jar to buy something extra for myself. If you can't make respectful replies, don't reply to threads at all.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 17, 2016 ---
    My 6 has some issues with the power button and the battery is abysmal, so I'm probably get the 7.

8. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

Ok, I think you are wearing out that line:oops:

Lou

9. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

That new phone is butt ugly with that bump on the back. Get it and you're likely to lose friends.

10. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Then I suggest you donate the money to people that need it instead, instead of having strangers guess what you want.

11. nikabobriht Suspended

nikabobriht

Since your laptop is good, go for new iPhone. Maybe you already have the answer but you need someone to agree with you :)

12. CrystalQuest76 macrumors 6502

Do something un-American; save your money since your two current devices are functional to your needs. If you want to spend something nice on yourself, buy a new pair of shoes.
    Saving your money is not a crime. Put the money in a retirement account or a rainy-day fund.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2016 ---
    Those must be really shallow and superficial friends if they will dump a person because of a choice in phone. Since nearly every smart-phone purchased is wrapped in a case of some sort, the bulge really does not matter along with where the antenna bands are placed (unless you are the industrial designer working on the project).
    Its really important to have some perspective on what is important and unimportant in life.

13. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

True. And it's also important to have a sense of humor. :D

14. robertkarlsen macrumors regular

robertkarlsen

I just got a MBA 13.3, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD and i asked myself the same thing...maybe i should get the new iphone instead, cause mine, iphone 6, is almost beyond use, but i decided to get both!

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like you have your answer. Why buy a laptop, if your current one is fitting your needs

16. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

What exactly does that mean? Because my iPhone 6 runs absolutely fluent with the most recent iOS release. I decided not to upgrade this year maybe not even next year and bought an iPad Pro 9.7" instead.