Get new itouch or iphone or the old itouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kidwithshirt, Sep 10, 2008.

1. kidwithshirt macrumors member

Sep 10, 2008
    Gah.. I just sold my white video iPod yesterday, and now I am interested in buying something new to listen to my tunes to.

I have music on my phone, but the interface is slow as hell (LG Shine).

I was thinking getting the iPhone, maybe the first gen one since 3g is still pretty expensive and I dont have a 3g plan. But I heard some people got it for under 200 on ebay but when I checked I guess the avg deal price is close to 300-400

Which is ridiculous! I thought those little buggers should be cheaper now. We have people in our town posting on craigslist for about 260-300, but it's a small town so it gets snatched quickly.

So I was thinking getting the touch, but the new one doesn't seem too different from the old one, right? I am curious, did the old itouch have a. accelerometer b. multitouch ? Also I heard you can still get the update 2.1 one your old touch, so that comes with the itune genius right (TOTALLY AUUhhh--soom, i tried it in my iTunes 8, pretty ingenious indeed)

Budget isn't really a problem, but I am trying to keep it under 300, since I think it's ridiculous to spend more than that because you can add a few and get an ultramobile pc or something with a 120 HD.

That's just my take. iPhone, old touch or new touch? Help mac fans.
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    a. Heck yes.
    b. Heck-fricking-yes.

The new one has a built-in speaker, volume controls, and the Nike+iPod receiver, hardware-wise.
  3. kidwithshirt thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2008
    oh the way apple website stated it is that multitouch and accelorometer is like something totally new for itouch.

btw I just found iphone for like 250-300 on my city's craigslist. plus there is a 250 one that the owner says he bought for only 2 month... so perhaps 3g...?

I think the pointer is shifting toward "purchase an iphone" option now.

question, just found out iphone 3g has the assisted GPS. Is that something that you have to pay e.g a feature in a plan through your service provider? Not like the conventional gps you just take out of the box and use?
  4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Jul 16, 2002
    Nope, the market for the iPhone 2G is huge right now so don't expect to pick one up on the cheap.

As for new vs. old iPhone, it's like a $20 difference. The new iPhone is a no brainer - speaker (think VOIP), better battery life, physical volume rocker. That's def worth the extra $20.