get new whitebook or not

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krypticos, Jan 30, 2009.

1. krypticos macrumors regular

hello,
    i currently have a sr whitebook with 2.2ghz c2d, 120gb hd, and 4gb ram. i was thinking of getting the new whitebook with nvidia graphics card but is it worth it. i mean is the video card really that good. i was thinking if i got the new whitebook to take the 4gb ram from my current and put in it because there the same ram and put the 2gb back in my current and then give it to my fiancée. but if anyone has benchmarks on the new whitebook i would love to see them to compare to mine and see if its worth it to me. i do a lot of video editing and dvd composing and music composing with loops manly. so please do you think this would be worth it to upgrade to this new laptop.

2. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

I have the exact same machine as the OP, and I have the exact same question as him!

3. Stachelsk macrumors regular

Unless you play games, the graphics card isn't going to make any difference. The baseline model also has a slower processor than the 2.2GHz model you have now. I'd stick with what you have... $1,000 is a lot to lay on the table for such a small boost, IMO anyways.

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I have to agree. An aweful lot to pay for a small boost. You also probably won't see any difference in speed while video editing.

5. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your comments. i was thinking the same thing that is why i asked the question instead of doing it first.