Get Nimbus controller to pair as device 1?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mikepro, Nov 9, 2015.

1. mikepro macrumors 6502

Anyone know of an easy way to get the Nimbus (or any, really) bluetooth game controller to pair as device 1? Last night, I was using the Siri remote on the ATV, and decided to play a game. Turned on the controller, and it game on with the second LED pair light lit up. In the game, the controls wouldn't work for player 1, and I could not figure out any way in to get the game controller to act as player 1 controls. Nothing in the settings menu for assigning controllers.

Ended up having to power off Nimbus, sleep the ATV, and then power on Nimbus and wake up ATV with a button from Nimbus.

Hoping there's an easier way....

2. 43moon macrumors newbie

3. 43moon macrumors newbie

Perhaps if you close the app, then when you are on the home screen, use the controller to open the app?

4. nasa25 macrumors 65816

I have the same issue with provenance (emulator). Nimbus always defaults to player 2 regardless of how many times I change the settings to make it player 1 with the Siri remote player 2.

5. mikepro thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm having the issue in Provenance as well. Haven't tried the suggestion above of quitting Provenance and then starting it with the controller. But, since the controller is already at address 2 at this point, not sure it will make a difference. I think they key is to just wake up the ATV with the controller. Maybe Provenance can be updated to allow controller selection....