Get notifications from mails that go to a different folder than Inbox

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ribbon, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ribbon macrumors member

Hello,

I have a few rules that move the emails that I receive to another IMAP folder. For example, let's say I have:

Inbox
    -Folder1
    -Folder2

And I have a rule that moves certain emails to Folder1. Same for Folder2. But here's the thing, I only get notifications when I receive an email that stays in the Inbox folder. Then I open Mail.app, go to the Mailbox view (where all the folders are displayed) and then I can see I have unread emails that have been moved to Folder1 and Folder2.

Is there anyway to make sure iOS notifies me when I receive such emails?

Thanks in advance.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

3. ribbon thread starter macrumors member

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Since iOS8, I have a Yahoo IMAP account that has created a 'bulk folder' on my iPhone to run alongside the standard junk folder. Now I get mails going to junk and bulk, but some of the bulk ones aren't junk and used to go to my inbox pre-iOS8.
    When I log into Yahoo mail via a browser there is no bulk mail folder. It's most odd.

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Wow, I'm not the only one. I noticed that too.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

I recall that working for Exchange accounts, but doesn't really seem to for IMAP.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The behavior for a Gmail account is the same as the OP's FastMail account. If you set up a Gmail rule to label an incoming email and remove it from the inbox, you won't get a notification on your iPhone.

Another thing you can't do at Gmail is actually COPY the incoming email to a folder then delete the one in the inbox once you've read it, as Gmail uses labeling. Not sure if you can do that at FastMail...that might be your solution if so.

8. ribbon thread starter macrumors member

I'm afraid you can't, so I guess I'll have to live with it. Thank you for the answers! :)