Get over it...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiejsmall, Jun 27, 2010.

1. eddiejsmall macrumors member

I've been coming to this site for over three years now, and have really enjoyed watching peoples post, and the excitement that apple products bring to the mass of fanboys that run wild among this forum. Just recently I decided to join because I felt that I may have a thing to say every now and again, and I'm starting to take back that decision because all I hear is a bunch of whiners complaining about things that we know (in time) they will be fixed, because that is what APPLE DOES, THEY TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. This is the main reason we buy from them, the main reason we believe in them.

How can so many people forget or remember it for that matter when all the post revolve around 3 ideas.

1. I dropped my iphone, and it broke (I'M SO SHOCKED)! 2. My antenna and my hand do not like each other, (THIS PHONE IS JUNK)! or 3. STEVEN JOBS OWES ME A BUMPER!

Can we go back to the days where we are enjoying the new features, getting distracted from the actually daily duties of our job, and start posting things that we actually enjoy about this phone. Because of the innovation that has been brought to us by one of the greatest American tech companies, we can do things we only dreamed about 20 years ago.

2. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

You are correct. People should be overjoyed that Steve was gracious enough to bestow this blessing upon us. Forget that your signal may drop if you so much as touch the phone and instead keep praising the almighty Steve for his bountiful benevolence.

:rolleyes:

3. eddiejsmall thread starter macrumors member

Tell me what other American Company you see that can sell 1.5 million units in 3 days to people who stand in line for 13 hours?

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I will praise the Master, even tho he beats me

5. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Ok:

It would be a great phone if it worked like a phone.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

True, Apple has always fixed everything and the iPhone 4 will be no exception (if there's anything to fix).

People are way too impatient here (picking up at the fedex because they can't wait a few hours? Come on!).

7. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Do we really need another one of these "get over it" threads? So tiresome.

8. eddiejsmall thread starter macrumors member

The point here is that it WILL work like a phone. If not apple will refund your money, or give you a new one that doesn't screw up. Here is a little story, its a bit of my OCD side, but I have been through 4 3G's. Each one I found a flaw in (got too hot, keyboard wasn't as responsive, felt like I got bad service). Each time I went the genius bar, and each time I got a replacement phone. Each time it took 10 minutes to do so. Apple will fix this issue, or make it right with its customers.

I guess it would be ok to complain about something if we knew we were going to get screwed, but with Apple and my experiences that has NEVER been the case.

9. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Very rare do we find a product that people want to praise a company even if the product has flaws in its basic operation.

I would be furious if my Apple computers decided to slow to a crawl if I touched them the wrong way but guess I should feel different about my phones.

So back to praising a company and/or CEO instead of focusing on the products I use.

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Your fanboyism is really showing.

When this many people complain, there is obviously an issue that needs to be taken care of. This isn't the same complaining as when the iPhone gets announced, and we don't even have the phone in our hands yet, and we are complaining, that tends to be rather annoying. But the only thing annoying now is the people that have flawless iPhone 4's telling other iPhone 4 users that are having problems that they should "stop complaining" which equals = "hold the phone different". Yeah, not happening...

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So no different from anything else Rev A from Apple? The freezing iMac would be a great computer if it worked like a computer.

Happened a number of times with the various freezing iMacs, but they get fixed eventually.

Yes, it's annoying, but the iPhone isn't immune to being Rev A.

12. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

...as are the 5 million repeat post of signal issues. The forum is full of them now to the point it's hard to come here unless you want to see more people bitching in individually created threads.

13. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I take your point and actually agree with you (that Apple will, some way, find a way to make this right). But the reason for the uproar (in my opinion) is the fact that, after all the months of hype and all the years of development the phone does not work as it should.

I guess the point is...why should iPhone buyers be required to "have faith"? Especially when the CEO of the company himself referred to this as a "non-issue". That statement certainly didn not instill confidence in the mass that Apple would "take care of us".

14. eddiejsmall thread starter macrumors member

And as an apple user I think most of us need to ask ourselves has apple always taken care of its customers? In my experience the answer to that is yes, and part of "keeping the faith" has to do with that basic principle that we will be taken care of.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I don't think years of development matters whenever there's a Rev A, which is every June for the iPhone. Same with the iMac, etc.

As mentioned before, Jobs could have been referring to the common phenomenon that holding any iPhone results in attenuation in signals, rather than the flaw that'll be a software fix. He would have called it a "non-issue" if someone wrote him regarding the original iPhone, but nobody brought it up because it wasn't exacerbated with what needs a software fix.

16. slsl0 macrumors member

You missed number 4:

All the posts complaining about the posts on the forum

17. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

But did you just "get over it" when you iMac froze? Did you praise Apple for the iMac despite the freezing problems knowing Steve Jobs would make it all better?

I hope not.... I hope you were upset and wanted a fix. Of course that could just be me expecting my products I purchase to work. If it didn't I would find one that did and the brand name wouldn't matter.

18. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

If you come to a forum, particularly one regarding product(s) and expect people not to express their displeasure anytime something goes wrong. Then, I don't know what tell you other than to check out of lala land. This is life, and well with the antenna issue and all --**** just got real.

19. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I agree... not that the issues may not be real; but the complaining seems so shrill it is sickening.

Again, not saying that the issues are not real but keep the observations in perspective. Humans are not perfect and we can not make things perfect or perfectly. The iPhone is no different from buying a car or a house or anything else... buyer beware...:)

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Fortunately, I lucked out and my iMac wasn't one of the freezing ones, despite being released at the same time when the iMac forum was chock full of posts regarding the freezing issue.

Likewise, not all iPhone 4s seem to be afflicted and I guess I'm lucky here too. Those with the iPhone 4 issue seem to think all iPhone 4s are affected, but I assure you this isn't the case (same with the iMac). Yes, it's annoying but that's the nature of Rev A (and I took my chance with the iMac and all the iPhones).

21. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

But would you be upset if you had one of those iMac's? Think it was my last MBP that had a wifi problem. Did I just say "It's ok.....if Jobs wants me to have a bad wifi connection then I'm happy"? Of course not......I went to support and voiced that I had a problem and yes that problem was fixed. But guess I should have just got over it and been happy with the fault and praised Steve Jobs.

22. John T macrumors 68020

John T

23. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

I have faith. *Madea voice* Hallelu-jer.

Given the massive negative press coverage, I believe that this one will be addressed more formally very soon. Can I get a witness? Mmm.

24. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Another reason we can't really "get over it" is because this is a phone and the phone doesn't work properly. I don't see people going ballistic about how their iMovie App doesn't work right. If I did, I would also say "get over it". But, we're talking about the main reason for owning this device. Geez, I'm surprised one of Jobs's apostles haven't suggested "just go buy a Touch".