Get past "Share your location" screen when setting up Family Sharing?

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
I got invited by my family to join their Apple Music plan, but I can't get past the screen in the attachment. Both "Share Your Location" and "Not Now" do nothing when tapped. This is happening on both my iPad and my iPhone. Anyone figure out a way to get past this screen?

Attachments

Spiffyis5150

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I got invited by my family to join their Apple Music plan, but I can't get past the screen in the attachment. Both "Share Your Location" and "Not Now" do nothing when tapped. This is happening on both my iPad and my iPhone. Anyone figure out a way to get past this screen?
How about an alternative? I ran into the same problem today with adding my daughter to my Family Share. I never could get past the screen on her phone, but as the Organizer, I was able to add her directly on my phone by going to Settings->iCloud->Add Family Member. When it asked for her email addresse, I entered her iCloud account. She also has an iTunes account for all her purchases and stuff, but that didn't work using that email address because it just sent an invite. When I clicked, "Next", it actually gave me two options, 1) sending her an invite or 2) entering her password right there. After, that it confirms whether or not your iCloud account and apps/purchases account are the same and let's you change that email address and enter the password for that account if it needs to be changed. After all that, she was added and I didn't have to do anything else with her phone which was good because like you, I was not getting passed that stupid Share Your Location screen on it. Hope this helps!

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
How about an alternative? I ran into the same problem today with adding my daughter to my Family Share. I never could get past the screen on her phone, but as the Organizer, I was able to add her directly on my phone by going to Settings->iCloud->Add Family Member. When it asked for her email addresse, I entered her iCloud account. She also has an iTunes account for all her purchases and stuff, but that didn't work using that email address because it just sent an invite. When I clicked, "Next", it actually gave me two options, 1) sending her an invite or 2) entering her password right there. After, that it confirms whether or not your iCloud account and apps/purchases account are the same and let's you change that email address and enter the password for that account if it needs to be changed. After all that, she was added and I didn't have to do anything else with her phone which was good because like you, I was not getting passed that stupid Share Your Location screen on it. Hope this helps!
Your solution worked. You help make the Internet great with your good ideas. Thanks!