Get past "Share your location" screen when setting up Family Sharing?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by wildonrio, Jun 30, 2015.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

I got invited by my family to join their Apple Music plan, but I can't get past the screen in the attachment. Both "Share Your Location" and "Not Now" do nothing when tapped. This is happening on both my iPad and my iPhone. Anyone figure out a way to get past this screen?

Attached Files:

2. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

How about an alternative? I ran into the same problem today with adding my daughter to my Family Share. I never could get past the screen on her phone, but as the Organizer, I was able to add her directly on my phone by going to Settings->iCloud->Add Family Member. When it asked for her email addresse, I entered her iCloud account. She also has an iTunes account for all her purchases and stuff, but that didn't work using that email address because it just sent an invite. When I clicked, "Next", it actually gave me two options, 1) sending her an invite or 2) entering her password right there. After, that it confirms whether or not your iCloud account and apps/purchases account are the same and let's you change that email address and enter the password for that account if it needs to be changed. After all that, she was added and I didn't have to do anything else with her phone which was good because like you, I was not getting passed that stupid Share Your Location screen on it. Hope this helps!

3. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

Your solution worked. You help make the Internet great with your good ideas. Thanks!

4. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

Glad to hear that it worked for you! :)