Get Ready For IPT 5G Scratches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tpc784, Sep 24, 2012.

1. tpc784 macrumors newbie

Based on recent reports that the black IP5 housing easily scratches, looks like we better line up some temporary protection until a sturdy IPT 5G case (i.e. Lifeproof) hits the market. I found a smoked one (acrylic) on eBay for $5.95, that comes with free shipping.

2. greg555 macrumors 6502a

I don't recall a lot of scratch complaints when the iPod mini and nano were anodized aluminum so maybe these will be fine too.

3. dchao macrumors 6502a

I got my electric car polisher buffer out already. :D

4. Jayste4 macrumors newbie

But isn't that polisher buffer specifically for electric cars?

5. TacticalDesire, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

It can't be nearly as bad as that stupid chrome backing apple has plagued iPod owners with since 2001.

6. WLS macrumors 65816

That slate color aluminum back looks to be the same material as the iPhone and we know that is turning out to be scratch prone so yes you better count on a skin or case for it. I'm gonna be looking for a slip case for it. Here's a thought, how about a slip case with no snap strap over the top to keep it in. Instead it could have a hole right where the loop button is - just press the button to get it to rise up and engage the case hole and the Touch is neatly locked into the case. Genius!
    Oh and it looks like the silver aluminum back will hide scratches the best but it is only available in white - how dumb is that! The black face should also come with the silver back.

7. windowpain macrumors 6502a

Absolutely!!

Today people are complaining about tiny scratches on their iphones. With an ipod touch, you only need to think about buying it and they scratch themselves.

Doesn't matter if you baby it or not, I guarantee that after 2 weeks of ownership it is going to look like you have kept in a sack of angry cats armed with sandpaper.

8. Carouser macrumors 65816

Hey there newbie, looking to drum up some business? I don't think the reports about the iPhone 5 warrant running out and buying a case for the new iPod just yet, especially since the construction is different (well, on top of the fact that there are millions already satisfied with their iPhone 5 finish).

9. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I agree. My Nano took a beating and was no worse for the wear.

I think people need to realize that if you don't take care of your stuff, it's going to show wear.

10. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I think the main issue is that people are taking their new iPhones out of the box and finding wear (scratches, dents, etc).

When I buy a product, I want to receive it in perfect condition. It's then up to me to take care of it.

The good news is that Apple probably won't start shipping the new iPod Touch for awhile so they have a chance to fix the issue.

11. sineplex macrumors 6502

actually i remember. There was a comotion about scratching... but everyone was blown away by the size and eventually got over it.

http://www.ipresents.co.uk/i/stuff/ipod-nano-1gb-review.jpg

12. Jsameds macrumors 68030

Don't you mean 2001? Pretty sure the original 5Gb iPod had a chrome back.

13. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

True. I forgot about those.

14. Luckybobby macrumors regular

Based on recent reports, you are a newbie and shall not be trusted!