Get refurb 13" MBP or wait...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kenzembo1, Oct 2, 2009.

  1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2008
    Location:
    Youngstown, OH
    #1
    I know this has been asked again and again on these threads, but should I get a refurbished 13" MBP now or wait a couple of weeks to see if there are any updates in the line?

    I'm making the transition from a 20" iMac to a laptop/LED display setup and want a machine that at least comes close to matching the power of my 2008 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.

    I'm pretty sure I don't want a plastic macbook as my only machine...if they just make minor improvements to the design then I still think the MBP is the way to go. What do you guys think, I know that no one on here can predict the future but do you think the 13" 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP is the right move, or would you go with something else?

    I see that they now have refurbished 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Black MacBooks on the Apple site. If you were getting one laptop to use as your main computer (alongside a nice LED display for use at home as a desktop) what would you get? I'm pretty set on the 13" uMBP but I want to here what you guys have to say.

    Thanks!
     
  2. Belm macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2009
    #2
    I've been trying to decide this for a long time and I've decided to just get the refurb. Like you, I don't want a plastic Macbook and from what I've been reading on these forums, there won't be a refresh until early next year.

    I was even contemplating waiting until early next year, but I don't think the upgrades will effect me because I'm just a casual user. I say go for the refurb now and enjoy. :)
     
  3. techound1 macrumors 68000

    techound1

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2006
    #3
    Even if they came out with a new model tomorrow, it would be two-to-three months before they came out refurb (as in cheaper :p). Go for it now!
     
  4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    #4
    as said above, even if a new model comes out, it will be months until they appear in the refurbs section so my answer is to buy now [​IMG]
     
  5. yanquis macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2009
    #5
    first wait a couple weeks to be sure the MBPs dont get upgrades or price knocks, then buy
     

Share This Page