Get refurb 13" MBP or wait...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kenzembo1, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

I know this has been asked again and again on these threads, but should I get a refurbished 13" MBP now or wait a couple of weeks to see if there are any updates in the line?

I'm making the transition from a 20" iMac to a laptop/LED display setup and want a machine that at least comes close to matching the power of my 2008 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.

I'm pretty sure I don't want a plastic macbook as my only machine...if they just make minor improvements to the design then I still think the MBP is the way to go. What do you guys think, I know that no one on here can predict the future but do you think the 13" 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP is the right move, or would you go with something else?

I see that they now have refurbished 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Black MacBooks on the Apple site. If you were getting one laptop to use as your main computer (alongside a nice LED display for use at home as a desktop) what would you get? I'm pretty set on the 13" uMBP but I want to here what you guys have to say.

Thanks!

2. Belm macrumors regular

I've been trying to decide this for a long time and I've decided to just get the refurb. Like you, I don't want a plastic Macbook and from what I've been reading on these forums, there won't be a refresh until early next year.

I was even contemplating waiting until early next year, but I don't think the upgrades will effect me because I'm just a casual user. I say go for the refurb now and enjoy. :)

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Even if they came out with a new model tomorrow, it would be two-to-three months before they came out refurb (as in cheaper :p). Go for it now!

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

as said above, even if a new model comes out, it will be months until they appear in the refurbs section so my answer is to buy now [​IMG]

5. yanquis macrumors regular

first wait a couple weeks to be sure the MBPs dont get upgrades or price knocks, then buy