Get reminders on Watch while iPhone docked?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Smurphy Gherkin, May 24, 2015.

1. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors 6502

Made a dock so my iphone can be in front of me and turned on all day. Now I have the Watch, I won't miss calls when away from my desk, so this is new to me.

Showstopper: Reminders notifications go to the iPhone only! So if away from desk I miss them.

• I have unchecked "Mirror my iPhone" and set all alerts on. Watch gets phone calls, but not reminders.
    • Tried the reboot both/disabled bluetooth/airplane mode thing.

Bug or am I doing something wrong?

2. aven8068 macrumors newbie

Your leaving the phone on, as in unlocked while its in the dock?

If so then it assumes you are using the phone and getting the notifications there, so it won't send them to the watch. Watch will only receive them if your phone is locked (screen off).

3. papbot macrumors 6502

Do the reminders appear on the watch if the phone is not docked? I haven't checked to see what happen if the phone is plugged in. But with the phone locked, not docked or plugged in all the reminders pop up on my watch. If it works correctly with the phone undocked then there is probably something about having it connected to power that keeps it as the primary device.

4. Smurphy Gherkin thread starter macrumors 6502

Correct. iPhone on all the time.

The annoying thing is I can make this work for incoming phone calls, but not Reminders or email notifications. It is ignoring the override on the Mirror settings.

I guess I will just have to remember to turn off the iPhone when I leave the room. Bummer.

Yes, turn the phone off, and Watch takes over.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

It's not really "ignoring" the override - it's written that way.

Phone screen on - notifications go to phone. Phone screen off - altered go to watch.

The mirror/don't mirror setting is for things you want on your phone but don't want on your watch, or things you want on your watch but not on your phone.