get rid of "Internet Tethering" at top when tethering

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gnychis, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnychis macrumors 6502

Is there any way to get rid of "Internet Tethering" at top when tethering? I tether to my iPad almost constantly and it is distracting and takes space.

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

If you have MyWi there is an option to turn it off!

3. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

MyWi doesn't say that. It says something else. I believe he is using the native tethering.

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

MyWi DOES say that, and then displays the data up/down used. If he is tethering to an iPad, he's most likely using MyWi. And in MyWi, you can change the display from the tethering blue bar to a status bar icon.

5. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Okay guys. We all know that you can turn it off in MyWi. The rest of us are using native tethering and aren't paying $20 to turn off the blue bar.

There should definitely be a way to do this. Perhaps somebody with MyWi could find out what it done to turn it off.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

There is not way to do this currently without a 3er party app.

7. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Thats the only reason why I mentioned MyWi, its the only thing out that does it (I think...)
    sorry to hear that :/

8. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Once again, it doesn't say that. It says MyWi Tethering, then it says the up/down.

You can do it if you have MyWi
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/Foxmcweezer/2c6267f6.png

9. kre62 macrumors 68000

Whats that say broseph?

[​IMG]

Everyone else needs to pay attention to detail. In the OP's post he states he is tethering to an iPad. I don't think native tethering allows iPad connectivity. So he must be using MyWi.

10. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

"Whats that say broseph?" :rolleyes:

...geez, people be thinking they know everything...;)

[​IMG]

11. Pared macrumors 65816

12. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

13. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Like I said. It says MyWi Tethering

14. kre62 macrumors 68000

Obviously that's not what mine says. Not even remotely "burned". All my friends with 3GS also say Internet, not mywi, tethering. Looks like were both right. I'm just more right of course. You can be a little right though I'll allow it.

15. crazytiger86, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Sorry, broseph, what were you saying about MyWi on the 3GS?

[​IMG]

Double broseph BBQ burn!

Listen, all joking aside, its perfectly OK to admit you're wrong. You're only human. Everyone gets to be wrong once (or in your case, twice) in a while. Just dont come off like such a pillock when you get knocked down a few pegs. ("We're both right...Im just more right of course"...Show a bit of maturity...). Also, mate, I'm not sure but I dont think you can count yourself as "one of your friends"...

The takeaway lesson here is just because your phone says something in one instance it doesn't mean its correct for everyone else.

Back on track...to the OP: I dont think that you "get rid" of the bar up top. You have a choice of changing it to a small icon if you want, but there will always be some sort of indicator telling you that you're tethering. Think of it as a safeguard to let you know how much data you're pulling. If its bothering you on the iPad, (i.e. squishing your screen etc.) I recommend changing it to the smaller icon but be advised the smaller icon wouldnt provide as much up/down data as the full bar would.

16. kre62, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

kre62 macrumors 68000

I'm obviously not wrong as that is what mine says. My other comments are to be taken as sarcastic. It's too bad I have to explain these things to you. The takeaway here is relax a bit.

17. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

You're clearly a better man than I am if you can discern a difference between finding sarcasm in text and just being rude. I apologize as I forgot who I was talking to. Next time, please throw some smileys in to help us "less privileged" ones, broseph.

Rock on, man. In the mean time, try updating your MyWi to the most recent version (if you have a cracked version, it helps to get rid of it too ;))

See what I did with that smiley?

18. kre62 macrumors 68000

Glad you realized that Bro Montana.

If you enable USB tethering yours will say Internet tethering too. What a hilarious little mix up.

19. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Hmm... That was sarcasm. Thought you of all people would pick up on that, broseph. :rolleyes: your prior comments weren't as sarcastic as you thought if people were exclaiming "burned"

Anyways it "Looks like were both right. I'm just more right of course. You can be a little right though I'll allow it." :cool:

Also "Bro Montana"? That was terrible. Geez, quit while you're ahead and save some face.

I dont think anything else can be gained from our discussion. MODS: please lock this thread.

20. kre62 macrumors 68000

Watch the movie "I Love You Man"

So you admit I was ahead.

21. walie macrumors 6502a

Terrible movie

Wow, score an internet win for you

22. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.