Get rid of iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Tmelon, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

So iTunes Match is by far the most awful thing I have ever had to deal with. I have no album art, it took hours for my songs to upload, half of them are mismatched with the wrong song and the majority of them are missing.

How do I get rid of iTunes Match completely and go back to syncing my iTunes music like usual?

2. duky macrumors 6502

Are you speaking w/ respect to iOS? Go to Settings > Music > toggle iTunes Match switch to Off.

3. chrismarle macrumors 6502

The thing is that Apple is searching in your iTunes library for songs that match with the songs that they offer in the iTunes Store.

They will only upload songs that the store doesn't offer so you probably have songs that Apple doesn't have so it's difficult for them to deal with songs that they doesn't have.

4. Žalgiris macrumors 6502a

Žalgiris

It's a BETA for petes sake.

5. Tmelon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chill. I completely understand the concept of a beta. I just had so many problems with iTunes Match, so I wanted to get rid of it until it's a bit more usable.

6. philipk macrumors 6502

Yes, but the problems many people are encountering is more like an ALPHA.

iMatch appears to be failing to live up to what was hyped earlier this summer.

Please note that I said "appears". There is no final judgment until the final release is available.

However, the software appears to fall short of what was promised.