Get rid of keyclick and replace with vibrate

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by equlizer, Jan 20, 2009.

1. equlizer macrumors regular

Is there a program that will do this? I tried keyvib but it still clicks when you type (and vibrate also)

I just want vibrate. no annoying clicks! thx :)

2. tylertech macrumors regular

I don't know what firmware version you're using, but did you try turning off the clicks in the settings?

3. mohicanspap macrumors regular

If you are jailbroken ssh your iphone and go to system>library>audio>Ui audio and delete the tock.caf

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I hate the click sounds. That was one of the first things I turned off in my settings.

It's so annoying when I'm relaxing somewhere, such as in a Starbucks and reading, and someone is clicking away texting someone.

"Click, click, click" translates into: "Look at me, I have an iPhone."

6. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

The only way I know of to make your phone vibrate with clicks is to jailbreak and get vibrous(2G) or keyvibe(3G). The 2G vibe will work w/out the key clicks on, but keyvibe (sadly) only works with clicks on.

7. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

But but but... they could have a Blackberry Storm... ;)

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I'd say the Storm has more of a "tock" than the iPhone, which sounds to me like a "tick". :D

Does Keyvib effect battery life at all? Seems like something I'd like to try.

9. Stiney macrumors member

Some one has a hack for KeyVib that will turn off the sound, but still keep the vibrate function. I found it a while ago by doing a bit of google searching. But, it works great for me. You just us SSH to place them in the correct folder and you will be all set. Sorry that I don't have the link...but, it shouldn't be to hard to find.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes it does. Every time it vibrates, it uses some power. If it vibrates on every tap of the keyboard, it will cause your battery to drain faster.

I agree- it's more "tick, tick, tick, tick" = "Look at me, I have an iPhone AND I'm popular because I'm texting my friends"