Get Rid of my macbook for mba?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ajohnson253, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Here is the deal.

I have used my macbook for the past week or so or week and a half. Everything about it is great it runs great I just cant stand the screen i want and LED display like on the air or the mbp.

I use the mac for basic everyday things, running basic applications, surfing the web, music downloads, some documents here and there rarely.

I usually am running about 6 tabs and itunes or a video playing and on a document, will I notice a difference in speed with the air while doing basic things like this?

I also am a fan of the multi touch pad and I noticed the MBP also has that, but I know i will not be using all of the power on the MBP soo.....any opinions here I would appreciate it

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

A MBA is strictly s secondary machine. If you have a desktop as well, you'll be fine, otherwise MBP.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

im guessing the new version of the macbook (late sept?) will have a led screen and multitouch pad.
    If you have the time, I'd just wait until then to find out.

4. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

The thing is, the OP's already bought it. So he'll have to take it back to do that.

5. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

that means i would have to return it back to Best buy and they charge a 10-15% restocking fee and that would be pointless ya know.

Kinda of on a teeter totter here. Of keeping the macbook I just got. I really like how it looks the Glossy Vanilla white exterior and interior, only dissapointment is the screen and thats pretty much it.

I dont like the look of the aluminum too much because it just looks cold lol if that makes sense.

I know I would not use all of the power for the Macbook Pro

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

guess i missed that... well then, nm

7. dchen720 macrumors member

i thought even the macbook has LED display and multi touch.. am I wrong ?

8. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

The macbook does not have LED display or multi touch.

If it did I would be much happier lol. The new one coming out I believe will most likely have those things, if not LED display then LCD or maybe keep the current but I highly doubt that.

9. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I second that too, that the macbook air is a secondary machine.

For the things you do, the macbook air will do it but compared to your macbook it wont be as great in speed. The mba will do the things you mentioned pretty well but remember that the price you pay is a very loud constant fan noise.

Maybe instead you should just get a 23" ACD and hook the macbook to it? Which would be the same price as getting the mba + the cinema display are much better than any led screen on a notebook.

Just saw your signature and seems that you already have an imac 2.8ghz model, might as well just get the macbook air then. =D

10. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I need to fix that I used to have the 24" iMac i exchanged it for the macbook because it suited me best.

11. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I know how you feel, I really want a mba but at this point and time I'd rather just wait until the new macbooks are updated with the led screens.

12. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

ya thats what I will do or I will just deal with my current macbook I just got. I know someone who works at best buy actually and I can just exchange my current macbook out for a new one when they come out !!:D But does anyone know how much they are going to be priced at?

13. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Hey, good for you!

And no, nobody knows what they are going to be priced yet. If anyone claims they do, it's speculation.

14. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

the current rumor is $100 less for macbooks and $200 less for MBPs