Get rid of my MBP for an iMac? Logic Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by juliancs, Nov 3, 2009.

1. juliancs macrumors 6502

I've recently bought a bunch of Eastwest samples, and I'm getting overload errors in logic, with pretty light projects.

I have a 2.9ghz MBP, 4GB ram, 17". I was looking at the 27" imac today, and I can get the i7+8GB for a little more than I reckon I can sell my MBP for. Is the difference going to be huge? I'm not a fan of losing portability, but such is life...How future proof is the imac? A Mac pro would be better but just too expensive.
    I wish the screen wasn't 27"! Nice but very big on a desk. Is it possible to change aspects of the iMac? Such as the Harddrive/graphics card? I'm talking DIY

2. lca355 macrumors member

I think it might be harder for you to sell that MBP than you think, what with the next upgrade looming in jan/feb. I would try to do it before then if you go that route. According to apple site, the 2.8GHZ I7 is 2.4X faster than the 3.06GHZ Core 2 Duo. I think you can change the hard drive, but not for the faint of heart. I don't think you'd be able to upgrade the graphics card at all.