iPod Get songs OFF Ipod on to new computer? For FREE?

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
My girlfriend just got a new computer for school (a PC). She needs to take the songs that are on her iPod mini off and transfer them into iTunes on her new computer. None of the songs are from the iTunes Music Store however. Is there any way or program that can do this for FREE? Thanks.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
jason2811 said:
My girlfriend just got a new computer for school (a PC). She needs to take the songs that are on her iPod mini off and transfer them into iTunes on her new computer. None of the songs are from the iTunes Music Store however. Is there any way or program that can do this for FREE? Thanks.
there's a feature in windows, called Drag and Drop:D

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
jason2811 said:
Is there any way or program that can do this for FREE?
Enable disk mode, set Explorer to show hidden folders, and find the ".Music" folder (I forget where it is, exactly).

Copy that to her desktop. Copy that into iTunes, consolidate library, delete the folder on the desktop, resync the iPod.

swiwchar

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2006
[iPod drive Letter]:\iPod_Control\Music

You'll find everything there. Even play it from there with your favourite player.

hikingnclimbing

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
Gorham, ME
Or, in Windows, just use the search function and search for hidden files. Then look for .mp3 or .wma or whatever file format it is. Then you can copy everything that is found onto the computer into whatever place you want them. That's what I did when I was using a PC.