Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wait or snatch?

• Wait til' they release the iPP2

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Just get one first thing Saturday, goddammit.

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Curious how do you use it in bed or on couch ? Especially what case / keyboard you use ?

No keyboard, just a TPU back case. Initially, I tried the Smart Cover, and that worked well too, but decided I needed a back case to cover the edges of the iPad, which I find hurts my palms. And I decided to go back cover only, to keep the weight down. I just sit with my knees raised and prop my iPad on top of my legs, and I find that holds the iPad at a perfect angle to type on the on-screen keyboard. I know this position doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me.

I think his point is about the camera on 12.9" iPad. And yes it is mediocre at the best.

Sure, the camera in 9.7 is better, but it's sort of a "bonus" feature. I agree with sracer that calling the 12.9 a botched product because of it is overly melodramatic.

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Love my 12.9". If you want it... get it... you won't be disappointed.

I use it for everything... taking notes with the Pencil, lab notebook, etc. But most of all I use it in bed and on the couch... surfing, playing games, email, messaging, facebook, etc.

I don't have a keyboard for it... so I just use it like an iPad... just hold it up or lay it down or prop it up with the smart cover. Works great!
[doublepost=1465005177][/doublepost]
And I decided to go back cover only, to keep the weight down. I just sit with my knees raised and prop my iPad on

I have the silicone case and smart cover for my 12.9. When I'm home and I don't want the smart cover I just pop it off to keep the weight down. I even take the silicone case off sometimes if I'm at home just to shed some extra weight.

BUT: since I carry the iPad with me every day I like the extra protection of the smart cover and silicone case.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I have the silicone case and smart cover for my 12.9. When I'm home and I don't want the smart cover I just pop it off to keep the weight down.

I don't like using back cases with the Smart Cover cutout. If I take off the Smart Cover, then that edge is exposed, and when I touch it, it hurts my hands. Defeats the purpose of why I got a back cover in the first place.

If I find a third-party all in one case that Is light enough, I'd probably consider that, but for now, I'm satisfied with back case only.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
If you buy now through educational pricing Apple will give you a pair of wireless earbuds free. FWIW

drewjonn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Based on the answers I'd assume that they might release the 12.9 iPP2 on March, which is about 9 months to go. Someone told me that they might not even release the upgraded version for the 12.9, and if it's true, then not getting it now would be a pure regret.

Regardless, my decision for now is to wait and get the iPhone 7 first ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.