Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's 40mm GPS Apple Watch SE has dropped to $189.00 today on Amazon, down from $249.00. This is just $10 higher compared to its all-time low price on the wearable. This deal is available in the Silver Aluminum Case with Winter Blue Sport Loop and Starlight Aluminum Case with Starlight Sport Loop, and only Amazon has the discount.

apple-watch-se-gen-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can also get the 44mm GPS Apple Watch SE on sale right now, available for $219.00 on Amazon, down from $279.00. This is another near all-time low price that's just $10 away from the lowest price on the Apple Watch SE, and it's available in Silver and Starlight Aluminum options.

This model of the Apple Watch SE launched in September 2022 and remains Apple's most affordable Apple Watch. The Apple Watch SE lacks some of the upgraded features you'll find in some Series 9 or Ultra 2 models, like temperature sensing and ECG functionality, but it will otherwise provide you with all key Apple Watch features, and at the cheapest price possible.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Get the 2nd Gen Apple Watch SE for Just $189 on Amazon

nymphe

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009
The Apple Watch SE lacks some of the upgraded features you'll find in some Series 9 or Ultra 2 models, like temperature sensing and ECG functionality, but it will otherwise provide you with all key Apple Watch features, and at the cheapest price possible.
Actually, SE is missing the most important feature of main Apple Watch series, which is AOD-Always on display.

The price is still great though.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Actually, SE is missing the most important feature of main Apple Watch series, which is AOD-Always on display.

The price is still great though.
For me the oximeter is also an important feature that the SE lacks, so that makes it a nope for me. We’ll see how the Apple Watch X turns out to be (maybe a redesign?), and if the price is too high or not.

No5tromo

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Before you get it make sure you remember:
No fast charging (could be a deal breaker if you wear your Apple Watch in bed and hope for a fast charge in the morning) and
No on-screen keyboard (Apple just randomly removing basic features from their budget line)

Reactions: iiKurt

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Before you get it make sure you remember:
No fast charging (could be a deal breaker if you wear your Apple Watch in bed and hope for a fast charge in the morning) and
No on-screen keyboard (Apple just randomly removing basic features from their budget line)
Is anyone buying this to replace a model with fast charging (model 7 and up)? The current low-end model is the 9, which costs at least $400, so not really the same audience as those looking to enter AW or (like me) get a slightly newer less outdated model in lieu of replacing the battery on my more outdated model.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
so the only reason you might wanna get fast charging is if you already have fast charging? what kind of logic is this?
No one is “upgrading” to this from a fast charging AW. if someone considers it a “must have” feature they’d already be looking at 9 or ultra not a good deal on the SE.

JensenKA

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2023
Well dip, I just returned my Series 9 tonight. Hopefully it goes on sale again within the week so I can get Best Buy to price match and I'll throw some reward bucks on top of that.

No5tromo

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
if someone considers it a “must have” feature they’d already be looking at 9 or ultra not a good deal on the SE.
Absolutely not. A lot of people buy the SE thinking that it is just as good as last year's Apple Watch without knowing what features they will be missing and a lot of "reviewers" "forget" to mention this stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.