Get the 3.0 OS right now. (nefarious)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jman240, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jman240 macrumors 6502a

So I saw this: http://i.gizmodo.com/5284779/iphone-os-30-now-available-in-torrent-tested-it-works

and i was wondering if anyone has;
    1. tried it
    2. what will happen with the official update is out next week.

yes i am that impatient to want an update a week early and here's why.

my iPhone 3G totally sucks when it comes to using YouTube and some other apps randomly get slow down. I have 6 friends with iPhones, most with more apps/videos/songs than mine. Mine is by far the slowest. It works ok for about a day after a fresh restore and clean install (no backup) but then starts to really slow down again.

I want to know if 3.0 fixes this or if it's a hardware issue. I don't want to shell out for the new phone but i'd rather get mine replaced before the mad rush for the new phone blocks me from entering the store.

Anyone else have YouTube / slowness issues with their phones. It lags a lot when bringing up keyboards in SMS or when bringing up new appointments in Calendar but only for the first time, if i cancel and bring it up again its fine. No one else's phone that i've tested has these issues.

thanks.

2. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I upgraded last night and...

I love it! Widescreen email is a God send.

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

when the update comes out just "restore" your iphone! I just downloaded it too and im completely happy!

4. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Just curious, assuming apple doesn't change anything on iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341 why would you restore again? Just for peace of mind that it's coming from apple?

5. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

6. iansilv macrumors 6502a

ow do you select the new firmware update? I downlaoded it but it says it will update to 2.2.1

7. jman240 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hold alt or command when you click update / restore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.