iPad Get the iPad 4 before jb becomes impossible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by magbarn, Mar 12, 2013.

1. magbarn macrumors 68000

Considering how hard it was for the various teams to jb iOS 6, would it be worth it to get the 4 now as an upgrade for my 3 with the assumption that the 5 may be unjailbreakable? Love the speed of the 4 and my jb apps and would hate to be stuck on an unjb 5 when I could've bought a 4 now to jb.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes. If you plan on getting it I'd get it now before the new patched iOS hits.

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

If you are dead set on upgrading then do it now.

4. GzyOnline macrumors newbie

I've been asking but haven't gotten an answer yet.. can anyone confirm that evasi0n jailbreak works on the 128GB iPad 4?

5. Skizzy macrumors regular

Skizzy

It should. Same chip set.

6. Eclipse538 macrumors regular

yes it works on my iPad 4 perfectly

7. Phrenic macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of doing the same. Even if a new ipad comes out in April, most likely it'll come with at least 6.1.3.

8. Eclipse538 macrumors regular

I dont think that JB will be gone forever at any point in the near future. If we can keep pushing for people to pay for apps i dont think people will stop making new JB's. ESPECIALLY with the new iPhone 6 coming out by the end of this year. I mean if the IP6 is released and NO new jailbreak is made for it, i will literally cry. I DONT want an IP5 because i think a taller screen is just no point, but an IP6 with a 4.6-8 RETINA! OMG IM DROOLING JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! and if no one will JB it, I AM NOT JOKING, I will spend the rest of my life learning all the code i dont know and do it myself and SELL THE JB:eek:!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

9. thadoggfather, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I tried two iPad 4's and returned to my 3.

The speed was nice and gaming was considerably smoother but I don't game much at all

Image retention issues, yellow backlight bleed, poorer construction, "dynamic contrast issues" WilliamG draws attention to in the iPad sub forum (inherent on seemingly all 4's and no 3's) was enough for me to return to 3

I lost like 50 dollars in the process but still worth it since screen is key and I went through too many 3's before getting this one (I swear the good run DY serials have Sharp displays since this doesn't have multiple tint like launch Samsung screens and no IR or yellow bleed common on LG's)

But I like where your thinking is at.

Hopefully with mini2/ipad5/iphone 5S (maybe 6 also) the devs can take a crack at iOS 7 quickly especially with exploits being reserved but I WOULDNT WAIT or dare try to predict when it'll happen; you'll go nuts and if history is any indication it might be a while.

I might ride my 3 out regardless. For my uses its been bliss. I'm actually impressed how quick it is, all things considered

10. magbarn thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah I'm planning on going to apple store today to pick up a 4. Can't stand the thought of a post-JB world and being stuck with Android. Even bought Nexus tab to see what android was all about. No thanks, JB iOS for me!

11. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

God-speed, brother.