Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
This could be helpful to some people. When visual voicemail fails to connect, but you still want to get to your VM inbox, get to the keypad on your iPhone, and dial your own phone number. Press * to inturrupt the greeting, Then access your voicemail the 'old fashioned way.'

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I think if visual voicemail fails to connect, there's a button that takes you to the old school voice mail. :confused:

jlanuez

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
USA
I think if visual voicemail fails to connect, there's a button that takes you to the old school voice mail. :confused:

Correct, my Visual Voice Mail did fail (2 cell towers near my home had problems). I was still getting voice mail, but it did direct me to "the old fashioned way".

I can't recall what that screen looked like though, sorry. Just hope you never get to see it - LOL.

Xtoo

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
Valencia, CA
How can viusla voicemail fail when it downloads a file to the phone? That does not make sense... ????

On the other hand, the quality of the recording sucks. Is a robotized voice of someone you know. They need to increase the compressiona quality....

So, If I hit 1 I can get to voicemails the old fashion way???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.