Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A pair of deals on Apple's 10.2-inch 9th generation iPad have appeared this week at both Best Buy and Amazon, including low prices on the 64GB and 256GB Wi-Fi models.

10.2-inch-ipad.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad, you can get this tablet for $249.99 at Best Buy, down from $329.99. This is a solid second-best price on the iPad, and Best Buy has it in both Silver and Space Gray. Amazon is matching the price as well.

Amazon has the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad on sale, available at $379.00, down from $479.00. This price is a match of the all-time low price on the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad. Best Buy is providing the same discount, but it's only available to My Best Buy Plus or My Best Buy Total members.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Get Up to $100 Off Apple's 9th Gen iPad, Available From $249.99

Entilzha

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2020
West Des Moines, IA
*pre-emptive “anyone who buys a new (insert name of iPad here) right now is a fool!!!!!!!!!!” comment, just to get that silliness out of the way*

I’m replacing my mom’s 6th gen 32 GB iPad with a nice 64 GB 9th gen and she’s going to be VERY happy. She’s not going to care that maybe the 11th gen is coming out shortly. It’s an iPad, and she prefers the home button anyway.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
Love my 9th gen, still a great iPad for GarageBand and other audio apps because of its headphone jack. Once I have to think about interfaces and adapters to avoid laggy audio I may as well be on my Mac.
Agreed - the headphone jack is also what makes this this is the perfect iPad for my kids, so they can use their over-ear headphones when listening on planes, in cars during road trips, etc. Ears are too small for AirPods. This is a great price point (I actually was able to pick on up at $229 when it went on sale for $20 cheaper during Black Friday 2023), and everything a kid needs in an iPad. Great value.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
Agreed - the headphone jack is also what makes this this is the perfect iPad for my kids, so they can use their over-ear headphones when listening on planes, in cars during road trips, etc. Ears are too small for AirPods. This is a great price point (I actually was able to pick on up at $229 when it went on sale for $20 cheaper during Black Friday 2023), and everything a kid needs in an iPad. Great value.
This was one of the biggest aggravations I had with the later iPads.

However, it is mitigated by me keeping a USB-C adapter attached to my wired headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.