Get Windows 10 App not shown

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by freeuser, Jul 28, 2015.

1. freeuser Suspended

On my MacbookPro Retina I don't get any sign of the "Get Windows 10 App" after installing all updates in W8.1 Pro. Have automatic updates on, and nothing is shown, except Skype update, Windows is activated.

Q: Do I have to reserve Win 10 for an proper activation, or can I update manually to the Win 10 Build 10240, to get the final in a few days? Yes, my Win 8.1 Pro is an installation from a normal original MS DVD. I want to be sure, to get my Win 10 for free and uses my Win 8.1 Pro licence. Any tips? Thx!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you check with microsoft.com? They tried to notify any windows 8.1 users via the windows update. While I was able to reserve my copy and I'm rocking with win10 right now on my SP3, my wife's HP desktop doesn't have it available yet.

3. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Forget waiting for that icon. Just install directly from MS website. I waited hours for it this morning, got frustrated and just downloaded it. I'm on it as we speak now.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member