Get your free printer from Apple now!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pjrobertson, Nov 20, 2007.

1. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

No, this isn't another one of those spam posts asking you to click a link, this is just a bit of advice if you've been as stupid as I have.

I've just bought a Mac (came through the post today) and have since realised there's a special offer where you can get a £60 ($100) rebate if you buy a printer with your Mac.

Well I didn't and was pretty annoyed as I could have got a printer worth £60 for free....

The good news is I just phoned up Apple; they'll let me buy a printer and then repay the £60 back onto my card.

So for anybody else whose bought a Mac (and didn't notice the special deal) - try phoning up Apple if you want a printer :D

Hope this helps

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

3. japresl macrumors member

4. ivan1234 macrumors regular

I got mine too a few months back :D

5. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

i went three months before i knew I had a printer coming to me :(

6. ceiph macrumors regular

7. pjrobertson thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then don't get another one :p

8. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Ink Jet = Photo Printing :D

9. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

I got a 'free' printer a couple of weeks ago with my new MacBook. Apple have e-mailed to say the cheque is in the post but haven't seen it yet.

I'm quite happy with my printer too, so I'm either going to sell it on ebay (with a hole in the box) or give it to my dad for Christmas!

10. GStreakT macrumors member

Yeee, free printer! Except...I already have one. And I can't really say "no harm in getting a second" because I'm a university student (and I'm not from the state either). So every summer, whe nwe have to vacate dorms, I put my stuff in storage. I take the laptop with me but a few other electronic stuff I leave behind is my HP Photosmart C1400 (printer/scanner/copier, which works fine), lots of DVDs, Wii, XBOX 360, very few corresponding games/any spare notebooks that I didn't use (as in the ones to write in=)). Would anyone suggest if I should accept this other printer. I know they have various brands and I don't care about that. Just the idea if I should get one at all. Whats killing me is that it's free!

11. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

Dude. It's almost Christmas. You gotta love someone enough to give them a FREE printer, right?

12. GStreakT macrumors member

Lol, true. I only have distant family in the States (cousins who are so tech-illiterate, ugh). I was thinking of giving it to my parents especially since their HP all-in-one broke down. But they don't live in the US, and I don't know how I'm going to get it to them. But the Canon Selphy on the other hand looks small enough to carry in a suitcase...

13. snail macrumors newbie

how did you get a free ipod:confused:

14. ajo macrumors 6502

I rememberd before ordering about the free printer.... then when I orderd I totaly forgot.

Anyway, I phoned up apple today and he said that there is no way that I can purchase the printer and get a rebate now.

Is there any way round this?

Any help will be great.

15. jeremyrader macrumors member

Education special... I did the same when buying my wife's new iMac.

16. Flintstone macrumors newbie

So, is there any more news if you can claim the printer after ordering a Mac? Specifically has anyone had luck in the UK. I got my Macbook at the end of October, but at the time I thought the 'free' printer was similar to the Ipod deal - pay so much (£15) not a totally free printer.
    Can't beat a free printer :). Which do people suggest from the current offers, CD printing would be good.

17. madirect macrumors newbie

free ipod??

has the deal expired already? i've search everywhere, and can't find it.....

I'm going to order an iMac 24 from Apple Edu. store, I only get $100 discount, and no free ipod. Can someone point me to the link if the ipod deal hasn't expired yet.

thanks.

18. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

That deal ended at the end of October I believe, just before the new MacBooks came out.