Get your State Farm iPhone coverage before it ends!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihav0frnds, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

i just got my $30 annual premium, $0 deductible coverage for pretty much anything, including drops, and was told it's going to end on September 1st for new people because they are losing money on it. so heads up, get it done now.

2. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I was told they already ended it back in June.

If they still were allowing it then I'm going to be so pissed at my agent.

3. warfa macrumors regular

Hey do you have to have some other form of insurance with them prior to this or can I just get this one by itself? if so can you please list the numbers to call.. thank you :)

4. iJules macrumors member

5. coasterider macrumors regular

I asked my agent back in June and said he had nothing that could cover mine..

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I asked my SF agent (also my friend) about this last year and they said they covered cell phones but not the iPhone. I guess when your contract gets to corporate it might be rejected, maybe you'll get lucky though

7. ihav0frnds thread starter macrumors 6502

i do have renters insurance through them as well.

8. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I just spoke with my SF agent and she said the iPhone is covered for theft thru Home Owners or Renters Insurance, but NOT for loss due to any other reason or breakage.

9. ihav0frnds thread starter macrumors 6502

yea, this is a separate personal articles policy for $30 a year.

10. calvy macrumors 65816

I got the personal articles policy for 49 dollar through my state farm agent back in June here in STL, MO. It's separate from your homeowners policy, which likely carries a high enough deductible that you'd never want to claim it under your home insurance.

11. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Mine told me yesterday that he can't write the policy now due to the Sept 1 change. Bummer.

12. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've got the personal article policy through State Farm on my 3GS ($40/year, $0 deductible). As someone who wanted an insurance policy that covered literally EVERYTHING, this was a great option.

So, with that said, I'd like to thank all the d-bags out there that have abused their policies and "lost" or had their iPhone "stolen" so they could upgrade to a iPhone 4! Thanks for screwing up a great thing by abusing it.

A**h**es!!!