Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihav0frnds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
i just got my $30 annual premium, $0 deductible coverage for pretty much anything, including drops, and was told it's going to end on September 1st for new people because they are losing money on it. so heads up, get it done now.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
i just got my $30 annual premium, $0 deductible coverage for pretty much anything, including drops, and was told it's going to end on September 1st for new people because they are losing money on it. so heads up, get it done now.

I was told they already ended it back in June.

If they still were allowing it then I'm going to be so pissed at my agent.

warfa

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
SD
Hey do you have to have some other form of insurance with them prior to this or can I just get this one by itself? if so can you please list the numbers to call.. thank you :)

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I asked my SF agent (also my friend) about this last year and they said they covered cell phones but not the iPhone. I guess when your contract gets to corporate it might be rejected, maybe you'll get lucky though

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
I just spoke with my SF agent and she said the iPhone is covered for theft thru Home Owners or Renters Insurance, but NOT for loss due to any other reason or breakage.

ihav0frnds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
I just spoke with my SF agent and she said the iPhone is covered for theft thru Home Owners or Renters Insurance, but NOT for loss due to any other reason or breakage.

yea, this is a separate personal articles policy for $30 a year.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I got the personal articles policy for 49 dollar through my state farm agent back in June here in STL, MO. It's separate from your homeowners policy, which likely carries a high enough deductible that you'd never want to claim it under your home insurance.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010

Mine told me yesterday that he can't write the policy now due to the Sept 1 change. Bummer.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I've got the personal article policy through State Farm on my 3GS ($40/year, $0 deductible). As someone who wanted an insurance policy that covered literally EVERYTHING, this was a great option.

So, with that said, I'd like to thank all the d-bags out there that have abused their policies and "lost" or had their iPhone "stolen" so they could upgrade to a iPhone 4! Thanks for screwing up a great thing by abusing it.

A**h**es!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.