iPhone Gets stuck in Recovery-mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Liberty., Aug 11, 2013.

1. Liberty., Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

Liberty. macrumors 6502

Hello,

I have a problem regarding my iPhone 4. Yesterday I just tried to delete a download in iFile (Just a zip-file) and my iPhone wouldn't give any response eventually (out of no reason). So I had to hold the power/home-button to reboot my phone.

Now it's stuck in recovery-mode again.
    [​IMG]

It's impossible to get out of it without restoring it by using a custom-firmware-image.

This has never happend with iOS4/5. I could just reboot my phone without getting it stucked in recovery-mode. May anyone explain to me please why my iPhone 4 is behaving like this?

I can't even access safe-mode (volume-up + power-button).

Thanks.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Did you try exit-recovery in TimyUmrella or Redsn0w

3. Liberty. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it reboots and shows this logo again. The only solution is going into pwned-DFU-mode and loading a custom-image. The problem is that these recovery-loops sometimes occur out of no reason at all. I was attending a music concert and afterwards I just wanted to loop up when the next metro arrives, => recovery loop. This is really annoying. I just want to know why this happens and if there is any way to prevent it.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Looks like some bad tweak you have or had installed.

Whrn you restore do you setup as new or us an itunes bsckup?

5. Liberty. thread starter macrumors 6502

Previously I always used my old backup, but I'm now using the "new device"-option.

6. Liberty. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm still interested in the reason why this is happening. Maybe someone experienced the same.