gettin a macbook in about 12 hours!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by beccajk, Jul 6, 2008.

1. beccajk macrumors newbie

yep you read right. im getting a sweet sweet macbook in about 12 hours. unfortunately im going to be missing out on the coolest part of buying my first mac - the act of buying.

tomorrow i'm heading up to kansas city with my mom so I can start work at a girlscout camp as a cousilor and since there are no mac stores in kansas, my mom's making a little trip over to the apple store in kansas city to pick up a macbook for me and a touch for my brother.

so, this means i will own a macbook tomorrow.. however will not be the first to open the box, play with it.. and will not do either for another month! .. bittersweet, my friends!. oh well.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Hey at least you be happily rewarded after working at the girl scout camp, not to say being a counselor is not rewarding (which it is)

3. WellRedd macrumors member

I feel for you; my girlfriend bought my (our) MacBook in New York when she went there on a shopping expedition last year in December. I was at home with our daughter. She phoned me from the hotel room while she was opening it, I heard the first chimes, and all I could do was wait until she returned. That 3 days felt like a long time.
    Worth teh wait though, enjoy!

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Why buy now then? Perhaps buy on your way back?
    why not wait a month - 30 days is a long time in computer hardware and Apple may be changing the design/specs.

5. wxboss67 macrumors newbie

True, but I think Mom will want to play with it between now and then. :)

6. Zadiek macrumors member

They are opening a store in Leawood, Kansas sometime soon. It is just outside of Kansas City anyway though.

7. NicoleCloset macrumors newbie

Congratulations! I hope that you will post a photo of your new macbook placed on your desk!