getting 1600 error when restoring...need help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, May 1, 2011.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I am using pwnage tool to upgrade my jailbroken iphone 4 from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 and when I try to restore to the custom ipsw I created with pwnage I'm getting the 1600 error message. I'm in dfu mode so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any ideas?

2. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

Are you running tiny umbrella? If so go to advanced tab and uncheck set host to cydia. Then try again.

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't have TinyUmbrella running. Do I need to? I've never needed to have it running in the past when I did this.

4. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

What did you use to get to 4.3.1? Pwnage tool?

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Redsn0w but my baseband was preserved because of TinyUmbrella. I've never encountered a problem like this with pwnage before, although I guess this isn't really a problem with pwnage since all I'm doing is an alt/option + restore via itunes.

6. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

I had the same issues upgrading. Banged my head against the wall for hours....

try this but using the latest version of redsnow----

http://jaxov.com/2011/03/how-to-use...ative-in-mac-to-put-iphone-in-pwned-dfu-mode/

just get it in pwned dfu mode and use the custom fw made by pwnagetool to update thru itunes. I got more possible options if this doesnt work. You on a mac or pc?

You still might have to open tiny umbrella and UNCHECK box that says set host to cydia.

7. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm on a Mac and I did open tiny umbrella and unchecked that box - it still didn't work.

Putting it into dfu mode via redsn0w seems like it might have worked though since I've now gotten past the point where I was getting the 1600 error before. Thank you!

Why was that necessary though? It should have a been a straightforward jb, no? Why am getting an error message all of a sudden?

8. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

Im not sure why it worked or why its needed. Just wish there was better info out there at the time. redsnow saved me. I wasted and easy 4+ hrs before finding info...

I now have a JB folder w/ multiple versions of pwnage tool, reds0w, greenposi0n, and most ipsws' for a few different devices. makes life easier. good luck!

9. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Well whatever it was I really appreciate your help Thank you very much!

10. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

Glad I could help.

11. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I was never able to resolve this same issue. Had to give up on saving BB and upgraded to 4.3.2 stock and then used redsn0w. Never could get past 1600 and I tried all the above.

12. mac mac mac macrumors regular

Thank you Dannymonky. I was also getting 1600 and 1601 errors when restoring from 4.2.1. to 4.3.2 on a Mac. I was just about to give up, and restore it via iTunes without saving baseband 1.5.9 Now everything is working great. Thanks again!

13. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Hi. I seem to be having the same issue right now so I'm going to try this but want to make sure I'm doing this right. I have an iP4 on 1.59.00 trying to update from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3

I use redsn0w to ONLY enter DFU mode using the stock IPSW. Then once in DFU, I launch TinyUmbrella and start the TSS Server (unchecked the Cydia option). Launch iTunes and option+click to the custom IPSW I made in Ultrasn0w.

Is that right?

14. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

Yup only use redsnow to enter pwned DFU mode. Then use iTunes to load ipsw made by pwnage tool by holding option restore. U said ultrasnow but I think u meant pwnage tool. And yes tiny umbrella has to be running w/TSS server running. I have not tried this yet w/ 4.3.3. But it should work the same.

15. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Actually i think tinyumbrella is the problem, you are redirecting requests to it but it doesnt yet handle 4.3.3. I think you should turn off tinyumbrella and clear your hosts file to properly request the current 4.3.3 from apple.

16. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Yes, meant pwnage tool. Ultras0w is after all this gets done. haha. OK. I'm going to give it another try later tonight.