Getting 200-300kbps. Normal, or problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ninethirty, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

I live in downtown Chicago, and we're completely covered in 3G apparently, but the speeds I get, while faster than my original iPhone, do not even come close to approaching the speeds advertised by Apple and AT&T. Is there a chance there's something wrong with my phone, is it Chicago? AT&T... anyone else in a similar situation?

2. ninethirty thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry to bump this, but I really would like to gain some insight into whether or not I have a faulty phone. Can anyone confirm if these speeds appear problematic, or if you're all experiencing the same thing? Thanks!

3. alejovh1 macrumors regular

same here, Portland OR. we have 3G everywhwre and my speeds are around 200 to 400 kbps! :(
    ATT says its the iphone :eek:
    just wating for 2.1 to see if it fixes some of the reception issues

4. ninethirty thread starter macrumors 6502a

So is it reasonable to assume then that if you're not getting the kind of speeds we see in the new iPhone commercial, or the speeds that others have reported that I could take my phone back to the Apple store and request a new one?

Thanks!

5. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

I think it's AT&T. I get anywhere for 100 Kbp/s to 1+ Mbp/s here in Houston even with full bars.