Getting 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ouimetnick, Apr 6, 2009.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

My brother wants to know if you have a windows PC, can you still join the Dev Program and get the 3.0 beta for the iPhone and 3G and well as the iPod touch with out getting a Mac. When a new Firmware is released, do you get it through the web browser or the SDK? Also how do people get their Uuids or what ever? The long number that is needed to activate that unit on the developer account? How do you enter the number? through the dev center or through the SDK? In other words, can we join the 99 dev program and get every beta release of the 3.0 using windows?

2. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Yes, just do a shift+restore with the new software when you dl it

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He's really asking if he can even JOIN the dev program with a Windows machine, and I don't believe that would be the case, but I could be wrong.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

iPhone Dev Program is for Mac users only at this time. :apple:

5. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

The developer program is for Developers with Macs, IF you are going to develop apps. Apps cannot be developed on a PC, thus my dilemma and saddness. However, you should still be able to download and use the 3.0 software. I cannot validate this as I am being sponsored by 5 developers that I beta for.

Apple will not let me develop so I beta instead and do what I can on that angle. I recommend that you save your $99 until, or when, Apple sees fit that our money and skills are just as good and we want to be a part of the developer world. Try and get on someone's beta program and help all you can in testing apps and beta testing the iPhone.

Good Luck