getting 3GS 3 weeks before contract date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jkarp, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. jkarp macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    #1
    hi all,
    i'm trying to figure out a "creative" way to get the 3GS on friday at the $199/$299 pricing even though my contract isn't up until july 12th. i've gone into the at&t store and asked them nicely, i've called at&t, etc, but they all keep telling me i need to wait until july 12th.

    i've thought of a couple of options that i would like feedback on.

    1) buy the 3GS for $399/$499 on friday, then return it within 30 days, then buy it again on july 12th for $199/$299.

    2) my girlfriend is not in contract right now, so she can upgrade at the lower pricing. is there anything i can do using her account to allow me to have the 3GS?

    3) sell my 3G phone and recoup some of the higher pricing.

    does anyone else have any better ideas or feedback on my current ideas?

    thanks in advance for any help.

    ...josh
     
  2. brbubba macrumors 6502

    brbubba

    Joined:
    May 20, 2006
    #2
    I thought ATT had a $100 early upgrade fee that you could pay?

    I say take a chill pill, spend quality time with your girlfriend, and wait until July 12th.
     
  3. sms0217ny macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2008
    #3
    Or load 3.0 on it today, wait for the dev team unlock release on friday, unlock it and sell it to get the new one
     

Share This Page