Getting 3GS and Bold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by note235, Jun 13, 2009.

1. note235 macrumors 6502a

Okay so would this work?

Currently this is my plan:

Family Plan 700 minutes

iPhone 3G + data + $5 txt

2nd Line + $5 txt

3rd Line

So the 2nd and 3rd line is due for an upgrade this wednesday

I was going to add a 4th line for my father and will get a 3GS because he just wants a basic flip phone.

My iPhone 3G will be given to my brother and incoming + outgoing data disabled then I will use the 3GS (talked to COR and he said yes)

so then i will use one of the upgrades to get a bold at $200 (without data plan?)? then unlock it and ebay for $400?

Profit of $200 while my brother gets my iPhone?

Would this work or what is the best phone to sell on ebay unlocked for profit?

thanks

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If you are planning to use the BlackBerry, a BlackBerry without a data plan is completely useless, and is a glorified texting phone. Most of the BlackBerry's apps require a data connection, such as Gmail, and Google maps.

An iPhone 3G without internet is not as bad, because you have all of the apps available, it is basically an iPod touch/phone in one, rather than the full blown "iPhone"

Though I do not see what is wrong with the plan you have otherwise, I am not sure if AT&T could detect your brother is using the iPhone without data however.