Getting a 17" spec options?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trismeplz, Nov 30, 2009.

  1. trismeplz macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    #1
    Hey Guys,

    I'm looking to get a BTO macbook pro 17" this week and just need ur advice regarding some spec upgrade options. I'm planning to get the 3.06Ghz processor, anti glare screen and I'm now thinking should I be going with a Seagate 7200.4 or a 128GB SSD?

    I tried to find the brand of SSD used for the current macbook pros but seem that it is Memoright? I currently have a WD 500GB Scorpio Blue and would probably be getting an Optibay to run two hard disk. Applications and windows 7 on the SSD and the scorpio blue will be for music/videos/documents etc. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank u so much!
     
  2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

    thegoldenmackid

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    dallas, texas
    #2
    It's a beast, however, unless you absolutely must have it - I would wait until January/February for the quad-cores to come... The power difference is going to be huge.
     
  3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
    Location:
    Manhattan
    #3
    I agree. Getting a macbook pro now is a bad move.
     
  4. trismeplz thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    #4
    Thanks for the heads up regarding the info on the upcoming macs but well I do need one now for work and I'm not too worried about the upcoming ones. Thats technology for you, there is always something newer and faster! :D

    I just need to know is the 128GB SSD a good choice over the 7200.4. The price difference is about a 100 plus US. :D
     
  5. vant macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2009
    #5
    A 9% increase in clock rate is ridiculous for $300.

    I think you should pocket the difference for the 128gb/3.06GHz for an Intel X25-M 160GB .
     

Share This Page