Getting a BlackBerry Bold

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, May 20, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I can't wait, I am getting rid of my iPhone and I am going to get my BlackBerry Bold tomorrow.

Now most of you may think I am crazy, but, I had a first generation, and I had a BlackBerry Curve before my iPhone, and loved it. I am sorry, but the on screen keyboard will not work for me, because of the size of my hands. 3.0 will not add on a physical keyboard.

The Bold hopefully will be a good phone, and if things don't work out, I can always trade it for an iPhone 3G again anyway, so I have nothing to lose.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The Bold is a great phone. I hope you enjoy it.

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

I got the new curve unlocked and hung onto my iphone; I switch back and forth as I please. It works out well.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Congratulations. :)

I'm sure it's a great phone, and no, I don't think you're crazy. I have a Nokia 5800 XM, and I had originally wanted the E71. Why not, right? It was a similar price, unlocked, and it was quite cool. Well, I ended up getting the first touchscreen Nokia because it was a touchscreen (which is a novelty to me!), and it's a great MP3 player. I was getting this to replace my lost iPod Nano, as well as my mobile.

While I do like my Nokia a lot, I do sometimes feel that I'd rather have a Blackberry, or the Nokia E71 for the buttons.

5. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

my fiancee's best friend has that phone it's pretty sweet. enjoy.

6. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I see in your sign you have a Q9 global...how is that phone?

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It's nice. There are some features that I like about it better than the iPhone, but overall, the iPhone is a way better phone.