Getting a crash report every time I reboot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Greenbird600, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Greenbird600 macrumors member

Hi, I've looked every where for info and can't seem to find any one with the same problem. Every time I reboot, I get the unexpected restart dialog and the option to send the report to apple.

When I look at the report it says its a kernel panic, but really the machine is very stable during normal operation, and the restart process works fine with the only abnormality being that the error dialog pops up every time without fail. After I either send the report or ignore it the computer runs normally.

I did the standard permission repair and it didn't help. Also ran a ram testing app a while ago, Remember or something like that, after I installed some 3rd party ram from OWC and it said my ram was fine, so I don't think its the ram, but if some one know of a better test I'll try it.

If any one has any idea what the problem might be, or even how to just simply disable the warning dialog would be grateful.

update: Also, just looked in my panic reporter logs and it has not recorded any of my resets as panics.

2. kropotov macrumors member

bad blicks in boot sector.
    old (bad) hard disk? i have save in my MBA. problem gone after i have change HD