Getting a DV Stream from a DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Benjamindaines, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I have a DVD (The Wall) and I am trying to get a DV Stream from it so I can put it into FCP and make clips of the animations to play on my iPod. What is the best way to get a DV Stream? I have tried handbrake and was able to get a 100% quicktime file (which I could then put into DV format) without it crashing.

--Thanks.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Did you leave it. Normally you wait until it says its done. Then it should work what are your specs?

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I left it, but once it got to muxing the audio handbrake crashed. My specs are a 2.33 GHz MacBook Pro with 3GB RAM.
    Will that go to DV right from the DVD or will I still have to make an MPEG file in the middle? If I still have to make the MPEG file it's not any different than what I am doing now except without Quicktime Pro.

5. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

if you're just pulling sections, you don't even need to go to FCP... just trim the pieces out in MPEGstreamclip. Then you just need to export an ipod compatible mov from there.

if you really want to go to FCP, MPEGstreamclip will export to DV.

6. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Nevermind Guys, I just figured out I can bring in the .VOB files from the VIDEO_TS folder.