getting a ipad 2(worried)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reddead, May 3, 2011.

1. reddead macrumors newbie

hey guys iam getting a ipad 2 in some days and i am worried about backlight,dead pixel,microphone problems....
    i reside in india and they just launched it here a few days ago...

my ques:the ipads which are manufactured later having the same problems??
    or all the ipads having it??

BTW i posted the same query in 2different threads but no cares to help:(

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Don't worry about it. I'd imagine that 99% of iPads are almost flawless. Remember that people who come here are really OCD about tiny light bleeds and things like that. Your chances of getting a good one are extremely high.

3. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

We care! Apple has a pretty decent return policy. In addition, the return rate for the IP1 has been extremely low. (see 2% v. 16% for Galaxy Tab http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20030211-37.html)

Granted there are no return stats for the IP2 yet, but these figures should give you some comfort.

4. reddead thread starter macrumors newbie

i would just like to know if the stocks in india have these problems....
    as they were launched late i guess apple must have taken notice of these probs and manufactured better ipad 2's

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

6. reddead thread starter macrumors newbie

can any one answer my query??
    never seen such a unresponsive forum :-[

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

7. DefBref macrumors 6502

You've already been advised not too worry about it, what else do you want people to respond with?

OK, I guarantee that all the ipads in india are 100% free from problems and you will not have any trouble at all.

Of course I have no idea if that is true, but it appears its the answer that you want.

8. reddead thread starter macrumors newbie

i asked my question(4th post not the 1st post) 3 days ago and this is what i get:

what is that supposed to mean?

9. AdrianK, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011

AdrianK macrumors 68020

So you're intentionally clogging up the forums?

They're saying that their iPad "works great", implying that they have none of the issues you're worried about.

10. reddead thread starter macrumors newbie

what else am i supposed to do when no one responds!
    BTW i just posted my questions in already opened thread not a new thread.

11. donnaw macrumors 65816

You always run the risk of getting a lemon with any new electronic (or other purchase). If you let this type of worry get to you - you will never buy anything. Just get it and hope for the best. I suspect that most of the iPads built have no issues. Some do and always will. But you cannot control that. Don't make worry where you have no control and you will live a much happier life.

12. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Electronics in these days are disposable commodities. If it is flawed take it back. When it become flawed by a new one. People act like they are buying a $200,000 sports car.

13. Pete the Geek, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011

Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I stood in line and bought my iPad 2 64 GB 3G on March 25th, the Canada release day and just two weeks after the US release. In other words, I got an iPad 2 from the original batch.

The only thing I have to report is that it is perfect, wonderful, magical and I'm very pleased with it. Unfortunately that doesn't make a good thread starter.

No backlight bleeding (and yes I have an "F" in the 4th position in my serial number), no dead/dying/stuck pixels. Of course, I did check for pixel problems at the Apple store. It was crazy busy just 10 minutes after launch, but the Apple staff told me to take all the time I needed.

I haven't heard about microphone problems, but I've used Facetime a number of times with my spouse and the audio was fine.

BTW, you didn't mention the video glitches, where the camera shows weird colours in some cases. I don't have those either, though I've only ever used the cameras in the iPad for Facetime.

You also didn't mention dented corners, separated glass, and a crooked home button. I don't have those issues either, but I did check for them in the Apple store when I was looking the unit over.

Finally, no one has dropped my iPad 2 so far. My spouse is careful and the five-year-old who regularly uses it at work no longer tries to carry it around; she leaves it on the table as I requested.

I don't have a screen protector, just a leather Smart Cover and a microfibre cloth. The back is protected with a GelaSkins sticker. It travels in a Tom Bihn messenger bag. I fly almost every week. My iPad 2 is hanging in there just fine.

Actually, I do have one little problem with my iPad 2... everyone else wants to use it!!! :D

My advice is get your iPad 2 from a reputable store and give it a thorough inspection before you accept it. Apple has sold millions of iPad 2s. By now you're well past the initial batch. You have an excellent chance of getting a good one.

14. donnaw macrumors 65816

Pete

I have the same issue you have. My 2 grandkids both want to use mine. I'm actually thinking about getting a 16g wifi referb iPad 1 for them to play with.

Otherwise, mine has none of the issues mentioned on the forums either.

15. reddead thread starter macrumors newbie

how can i know if a ipad is 1st batch or second???

16. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Dude. Just buy the iPad. Clogging up the forum with your paranoia isn't doing anyone any good. Buy it. If it's damaged, or you're unsatisfied, exchange it. This is 500 dollars. Get the **** over it.

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Meaning nothing you mentioned is a problem with mine.

18. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

While I agree with you don't assume everyone bought the base model, i spent over 800$ on my iPad 2.

19. Zermelo macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure that the Second batch of iPads sent to India have been found with roaches in them, but no blacklight bleeding.

20. hoanganh macrumors member

I'm in Japan, where ipad was launched same day with India. Bought one in the 1st day and still bleed; exchanged it one week later and still! I think you should look at the store! If the display model have the warmer screen, so the batch shipped to India should be the new one with no bleed!

21. reddead thread starter macrumors newbie

whats your problem???
    this is a community,which are meant for helping, if you dont want to help,just stay away.
    and BTW the base model here is 625 and iam getting 780 one.
    and even 500 for me is pretty expensive.