Getting a iPhone 4 - need accessory suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Loyola, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Loyola macrumors newbie

My other half decided to order me an iPhone 4 for my birthday. I no longer need to decide between getting a new Nano or Touch.

At this point I have been researching the accessories that I will need. There are so many - some good and some not so good. I hope someone will be able to give me some good recommendations. Hopefully this will cut down on the time I spend researching. I have found it difficult to weed through all of the products.

Case / Bumper
    Car Charger
    Gym Work Out Armband / Clip
    Screen Protection

Thanks again.

Kevin

2. broken1i macrumors newbie

As far as screen protectors, I would look into Powersupport. They've held up really well for my in the past and I'm using it on my 4S as well. If you do get them, make sure you get the HD film.

3. Loyola thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will see if I can find them at Amazon.

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

1. There is one thread that is huge. Read through it for some ideas. Think about how much protection you need and how much you want to spend and go from there.
    2. I have a Kensington PowerBolt. I absolutely love it. It's a 2A design to charge an iPad so it is very powerful and charges the iPhone very quickly.
    3. I have had good luck with the generic Belkin from walmart.
    4. Don't use any. The iPhone screen is very tough. I just take care to make sure it is by itself in my pocket and don't worry about. My wife just tosses her's in her purse where it jumps around with heaven knows what and her screen is fine after several months.

5. Loyola, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

Loyola thread starter macrumors newbie

1) I did start reading the thread on cases but there were so many. Since I can be hard on phones I am thinking about an Otter Box Reflex or Impact.
    2) I will check out the Kensington PowerBolt.
    3) I was trying to decide between a Belkin or Marware. I had Marware for my Ipod Classic and it lasted for 6 years. I go to the gym a lot therefore it was very durable.
    4) I think I am going to go for the Power Support HD Glare.

Other than going to the gym I have basically been researching the products. I feel like a child at Christmas.