Getting a iPod 2nd Gen.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iModFrenzy, Mar 19, 2015.

1. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Before anyone says "Get a 4th or 5th gen", let me say, I already have both. I owned a 2nd Gen at one point but "lost"(Just happens someone I know has the exact same iPod with the exact same engraving, apparently its to impolite to ask about it). I find the 2nd Gen. faster then my 4th and my iPod 5th can't sync with my PowerBook G4 and has a badly cracked screen.

I found a iPod 2nd Gen. and I am planning to order it.

Now to the main thing, I haven't used a iPod 2nd Gen for a WHILE. So I'd like to ask a couple of questions.

What are some good games that are compatible?

What is the best iOS(Fastest) for it?

Thanks!:)

2. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

Fastest OS? That will be iPhone OS 2. 3 is reliable and has more features, but 4 is terrible. I have a iPod touch 2 that we use at work for music, it crashes from time to time just playing music on OS 4. Steer clear!

I can't think of many games that would work well, maybe the original Crash Bandicoot racing. I also remember playing the Avatar game on mine, and enjoying it. The issue you may run into is if the app developers will let you download a version that works with that device or not - most do but some do not.

3. iModFrenzy thread starter macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Okay, then Ill go with iOS 3.:)

I remember planning Crash Bandicoot Racing on the iPhone 3G(when it first released),definitely getting that.