Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingshrubb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I am going to be entering college next fall and am wondering what kind of degree I should take to get a job at Apple. What majors should I look into? I want to do something other than programming, as I am not that good at math. Thanks :)

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I am going to be entering college next fall and am wondering what kind of degree I should take to get a job at Apple. What majors should I look into? I want to do something other than programming, as I am not that good at math. Thanks :)

When you said "other than programming" I thought, well they hire all kinds of engineers, not just software people. But then you said "not that good at math.". So engineering is out. Maybe a good idea to work harder at math.

Seriously the best way to answer your question is to look at Apple's list of job opening on their web site every few months. Look at other companies too see what skills are in demand. Make a list of skills like electrical engineer, truck driver, painter, graphic artist and so on then make hash marks nest to each when you find an open position on the web. After a few months you will know a lot.

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
maybe think about business?

also, apple seems to be like in google in wanting "the best and brightest". make sure you do well in school to be one of those people

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
most of the jobs at apple are engineer type jobs, so i guess you better try harder at math. but there are some other types of jobs too, just not as many

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Engineers dont sell products... its the business people. Im pretty sure make a big pie of the employment staff...
A business degree is probably one of the most versatile. Good for you setting your sights early though. Even if you decide later on to go another route. Not many people these days have that kind of foresight. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.