Getting a job at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GMacDaddyTPO, Feb 4, 2008.

1. GMacDaddyTPO macrumors newbie

I was wondering if there are any current Apple Store employees on this site?

If so, I was wondering if I could get any tips on surviving the "group" interviews that apple holds. I applied once, and they suggested that I apply again in a few months, but that they didn't need me then.

I love Apple as a company, and I love suggesting to people what I think the best computers (peripherals, ipods, ect...) are for there needs.

Since I bought my iPod in November 2005, and MacBook in June 2006, I 'sold' 5 iPods to family members and friends, and converted 3 friends to Mac products (including one of my friend's entire household!).

It's a cool experience, and I would love to get a job there.

Any suggestions?

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I'm sure we have some Apple employees among us, but they are not supposed to post on sites like this.

Apple makes all employees, from the top executives all the way down to the entry-level retail employees, sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) that says they cannot post on sites like this while they are employeed by Apple, and for several years after they leave.

3. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

they want laid back people that will fit well into the team and the store. They aren't looking for apple nerds or loads of product knowledge as this can be taught, conversely the charisma and passion for apple that they are looking for cannot be taught.

You will either be right for them or not, just be yourself.

4. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

You won't find any current employees posting, but I do believe that there are a few former folks here on the forums. ;)

5. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

do get the job..sleep around with managers etc..it really helps!

6. blairwillis macrumors regular

I really dig Apple but I'd not want to work in an Apple Store. Day-in-day-out wouldn't you just end up sick of it?

Unless there was a 70% employee discount... I would survive.

Actually, I wouldn't mind it on a short term basis, say as a temp for the holiday season. That might be fun. But seeing how the closest Apple Store is two and a half hours away, I don't think the commute would be worthwhile!