Getting a little Nervous (3Gs Story)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wyvernspirit, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Ok, so I pre ordered the 3Gs the day after it was announced (didn't know I could till then). Many people who ordered it around the time I did have gotten shipping notifications and even UPS tracking numbers, not I however.

On hold with apple, while downloading iPhone OS 3.0 for my classic, wading through higher then expected call volume. Crossing fingers.

:confused:

2. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I have a feeling some people got their orders prepared across seas and shipped, while some are being prepared in the USA after a bulk shipment from China.

My iPhones haven't shipped, but AT&T did say it supposed to be shipped overnight, so I have no reason to distrust them … yet.

3. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

... and you needed to make a post about your worries - why?

4. Wyvernspirit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Because I thought this was a place where people understand. Guess I was wrong about some people. :rolleyes:

Anyways 3.0 installed, did my first copy and paste. yay!

5. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

If you're on hold, you should've heard the automated message that says "all orders placed before Wednesday the 17th will be delivered on Friday June 19th."

6. Wyvernspirit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Yes, all well and good, but with no email, just getting worried about some hold up, like something going wrong with the ATT side of things, it would be my luck.

I liked the first iPhone purchase, I bought it at the apple store in less then 5 minutes (took me longer to find a case then to buy the phone at the time) take it home and activate it in itunes, no problems. Heard horror stories with the 3G, glad i had no plans for that. I'm partially glad am not waiting in line for it and having to go through a lengthy activation in the store, just hoping everything runs smoothly.

7. cobalt135 macrumors regular

There is already like a dozen threads going on this topic right now! Most are on the first page as well:(

Nothing personal man

8. Wyvernspirit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Thumbs up?

hmm, well the Nice apple rep said that my iPhone should arrive on or before June 19th. I guess that should make me feel better, just wish I had a trackin g number, but I am going to try not to worry about it today or tomorrow (got better things to worry about at work right now) and wait at home till I get that knock on friday.

9. Wyvernspirit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Tennesee

Apple just sent me a Fedex tracking number with overnight delivery (only got the free shipping). My new phone is currently in Fedexes' hands in tn.

Yay.