Getting a little ridiculous with dropped calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 29, 2010.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am going to take my iPhone into Apple tomorrow morning. I can't seem to hold on to a call for more than five minutes, and I have kept my hand away from the lower left.

In fact, when I do drop the calls, I see all five signal bars full.

Also am having trouble with Facetime stopping at around the five minute mark as well.

I am kind of afraid to trade in my phone, fearing that I may get something worse, like people who have proximity sensor problems, or yellowing screens (they're perfect on my i4).

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

If you're willing, at least try one thing: eject the microSIM, power down the phone completely, wait a minute or so, insert the microSIM, power up the phone (it might come on when you insert the microSIM, I don't know, never done it with mine turned off), and then see what happens.

It may or may not benefit you at all, but some folks - note: some are reporting that reseating the microSIM card is having some beneficial effects on the signal reception issues so many are having and reporting.

It can't hurt to try this, it'll only take a few minutes.

One piece of advice: if it does show improved performance after you reseat the microSIM, don't freakin' touch it again. You may never get it working that way again... :D