Getting a mac for the first time and mini it is. Keyboard question.

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by wannabelean, Oct 22, 2011.

1. wannabelean macrumors 6502

I'm planning to use my existing Logitech Illuminated Keyboard along with it. Will there be any incompatibilities or will there be any reduced functionality if I use a regular keyboard? Will the windows key become the command key? How does it work?

Thanks

2. diazj3, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

diazj3 macrumors 6502a

no problems... OS X will try to adapt to the keyboard layout of the kb (Windows vs Option key). Perhaps Logitech software will also help, and whatever mac keys yo miss you can customize using Ukulele

Edit: there are no OS X drivers for this kb in the Logitech site... I don’t know if the Logitech Control Center sw will help customize... but I'd go with Ukulele anyway to create a personal layout.

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I doubt you will have any issues that prevents completely using it or anything. Down the road, you might try out a Mac keyboard to see what you think though.

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Keyboards work. Windows key becomes the Command/Apple key. Don't install any Logitech Control Software if it's at all avoidable. Perhaps their drivers have improved, but they've been notorious in the past for causing system instabilities.

5. wannabelean thread starter macrumors 6502